Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thirty Days - Day Two

Day 2 – Name the fandoms you’ve written in, and how much you’ve written in that fandom, and if you still write in it.

Not counting crossovers, I've written in three fandoms: Thundercats, Voltron, and Darkwing Duck. Counting crossovers, you can add in Forever Knight, Jem, Ghostbusters, and X-Files. All of those were crossovers I wrote in my days in the Thundercats fandom. Of those, though, the only one I'd say was comprehensive was Forever Knight, as my Strangers in the Knight story was pretty long.

Of the three main fandoms I've written in, I've got a lot of fic for all three. I can't give you a word count off of the top of my head, but it's several novels' worth in each. With Thundercats, my largest unfinished story, Path Into the Darkness is close to 200k words, and I wrote a number of stories leading up to that, as well as stand-alone stories in different continuities.

As for whether I still write in it, I hate saying I've abandoned any storyline I put that much of myself into, so I say it's on hiatus. I'll get back to it someday when the inspiration is there. Right now, my inspiration is elsewhere.

I'd guess I've written just as much for Voltron. My Chronicles of a Dark Planet series is pretty long. I also did a lot of one-shots and side stories for this fandom, like the side series of Doom Fleet: The Boot Camp Years, my not-so-serious stories of Cossack's misadventures in boot camp, and the various naughty humor fics like These Boots are Made for Knockin', Doggy Style, and The Masked Marauder of Castle Doom.

I can say that I still write for Voltron because I just finished the first draft of another story for it in NaNoWriMo 2011. Before that, I hadn't posted anything for the fandom since early 2009.

The most recent fandom I've been an active author in is Darkwing Duck. Because I only joined that fandom in 2009, I don't have the same number of stories in it compared to the others, where I spent more years writing stories, but I have a good chunk of prose for DWD, too. The largest finished story I have is Tension Convention, but I have a number of shorter stories centered around Bushroot/Liquidator, and I also have a Bushroot/Rhoda storyline going in Forget Me Not. There are also the Citrus Taste fics, which were for a challenge to write sexy fic. It sounds pretty hilarious to have "sexy fic" and "Darkwing Duck" in the same concept, but my version of sexy fic is usually with a twist of humor anyway, and Darkwing Duck's universe lends itself to that quite well.

I haven't posted any stories for this fandom since early this year, but I have tinkered with some. I have a good chunk of Going Loopy, my sequel to Tension Convention, written, and other things that are works in progress that I just haven't posted. I hope to post new stuff for it sooner rather than later, though.

2 comments:

  1. I would just like to say that i find your titles hilarious. Especially on the "naughty" fics. XD LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm addicted to fun or punny titles.

    ReplyDelete