Saturday, December 24, 2011

Thirty Days - Day Nine

Day 9 – Pairings – For each of the fandoms from day two, what are your three favorite pairings to write?

In the Thundercats fandom, my favorite pairing has always been Alluro/Chilla. It's not exactly a romantic and fluffy relationship, being between two of the Lunatacs, but I like the dynamic, and it's fun. Second would be Bengali/Pumyra. They just seem like a natural fit to me and a good balance to each other's personalities. Third, I'd have to say is a pairing that involves an OC: Panthro/Snoelle. I think Panthro doesn't get enough love in the fandom in general, and I enjoy exploring that other side to him. I pair him with an OC because I don't really see any chemistry with him and any of the other canon characters.

For Voltron, I write a lot of Lotor/Allura. I like that pairing and the dynamic of it. I have a thing for bad guy/good girl pairings, but not with the usual cliche of happily ever after where the bad guy reforms and becomes a romantic hero. No, I enjoy exploring how those two would actually work after the initial get-together and manage to stay together despite their massively differing outlooks on life. (And the drama it causes as it happens.) Another favorite pairing of mine involves an OC and Yurak, but I can't really talk about it because it hasn't appeared in the storyline yet as far as what's been posted. For the third slot, I think it would be Lotor/Cossack. It's cracky, but it's a guilty pleasure. You can thank my These Boots are Made for Knockin' fic for that.

For Darkwing Duck, two out of the three are easy. Bushroot/Liquidator and Bushroot/Rhoda. In case it's not evident, yes, I'm a multi-shipper. I can't think of a third pairing that I like writing anywhere near as much as I do Bushroot/Liquidator or Bushroot/Rhoda. While I've enjoyed writing other pairings, none stand out like those two.

No comments:

Post a Comment