Thursday, December 29, 2011

Thirty Day - Day Fourteen

Day 14 – Ratings – how high are you comfortable with going? Have you ever written higher? If you’re comfortable with NC-17, have you ever been shocked by finding that the story you’re writing is G-rated instead?

If you're familiar with my stories in any given fandom, you know that NC-17 is no biggie for me. I've written a number of them in each of the fandoms I've participated in.

Writing G-rated isn't that big a deal for me, though. Well, maybe G is a bit of a challenge, because it's rare that I can write a story that doesn't have at least one colorful word or a part alluding to an adult or violent situation. PG is probably more like it, in that case. A lot of my stories end up being T-rated because of language or alluding to a sexual situation or concept, and I err on the side of rating higher so I don't upset readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment