Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thirty Days - Day Three

Day 3 – For each of the fandoms from day two, what were your favorite characters to write?

For Thundercats, it's the Lunatacs. They're my favorite characters on the show, and I enjoy writing all of them, and the interplay between them. If I had to pick an absolute favorite, it would be Alluro, but Chilla and Luna would make close seconds.

For Voltron, Cossack and Yurak are my favorite characters to write. Zarkon and Haggar are up there, too, because their wit lends them to a lot of fun dialogue. I have the most fun with Cossack, though, and Yurak interacting with Cossack. They never interacted in the show (Yurak was killed off before Cossack was introduced), but in my head canon, they have, and I love making them play off of each other.

When it comes to the Darkwing Duck fandom, Bushroot is my favorite character to write. That's no surprise if you've read my stories, or noticed who my default choice for roleplaying in that fandom is. I find it easy to slip into his head, so to speak, and feel like I understand him pretty well, flaws and all.

Of the crossover fandoms I mentioned, the only one I think is worthy of an answer here is Forever Knight, since the other fics that I did crossovers for are old, short, and in the case of the Ghostbusters and Jem ones, never got very far. Strangers in the Knight and its sequel The Cure (which really needs a rewrite like Strangers in the Knight got a few years back!) had a much richer storyline than the others. My favorite FK character to write of the three that were in the crossover was LaCroix. He's got the whole distinguished sarcasm thing going on that Zarkon does, and I loved writing the sniping between LaCroix and Mumm-Ra.

No comments:

Post a Comment