Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thirty Days - Day Twenty-Two

Day 22 – Have you ever participated in a fest or a Big Bang? If so, write about your favorite experience in relation to one. If not, are there any you’ve thought about doing? And if not, why not?

None of those specifically. I have done NaNoWriMo several times, though, and that's bigger than a Big Bang, I think. (Those are fics that are 25k words or more, right?) I enjoy Nano, but it does get stressful, so I'm glad it's only done once a year. The years I've been successful, I had to make writing a high priority at the expense of other things, and by the end of it, I've always felt frazzled and burnt out as well as accomplished. The year I failed Nano, I was distracted by a burning desire to play Sims 3 Late Night, because it had just come out.

I've never signed up for a Big Bang for two reasons. Number one is that I write in small fandoms that don't have a lot of people doing writing challenges. Lack of interest and people to geek out with is a big factor. Also, most of my friends in fandom are just as busy as I am, and would have an equally hard time committing to writing a big story in a short amount of time. Nano is a big organzied event, and not all my friends from fandom manage to finish each year. A lower-pressure one would probably get even less participation, and I just don't find participating in that stuff alone as much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment