Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thirty Days - Day Twenty-One

Day 21 – Sequels – Have you ever written a sequel to a story you wrote, and if so, why, and if not, how do you feel about sequels?

Yeah, I've done the sequel thing many times. Usually it's because I like the storyline and don't want to see it end, so I think about how it might continue. It's also a bonus when people say they want to see a sequel because they liked the original so much. That can make me think about continuing when I might've otherwise left it alone.

Years ago, when I wrote Stone Sickness, it was supposed to be a stand-alone story with a different ending than it wound up with. Some feedback I got along the way made me want to change it to a less depressing ending, and from there, continue. I'm a sucker for fluff, so I did go ahead with that, although I never wrote a story following up on the last one posted in that series. I have a couple of starts to it on my hard drive from back then (2001 or so) but I couldn't decide exactly what I wanted to do with it, and then I started to lose interest in that fandom for a while, so it just died.

No comments:

Post a Comment