Saturday, January 7, 2012

Thirty Days - Day Seventeen

Day 17 – Titles – Are they the bane of your existence, or the easiest part of the story? Also, if you do chaptered story, do you give each chapter a title, or not?

Whoops! Somehow I got a week behind on this. It's like the New Year made me take a vacation. (Or was that Sims 3?) Anyway, the good news is that means I'm going to catch up with seven entries today!

Now onto the question. Titles are a pain for me. Often they're the last thing I come up with before posting a story, or at least the first chapter of a story. I was almost done with my Nano story, Crown of Arus, before I decided that would be the title. I had it there as a tentative title, but I was never thrilled with it and hoped something better would inspire me. Path Into the Darkness, my longest (and still unfinished, sigh) fanfic to date, is one of those titles I still feel "meh" about, and it took what felt like forever just to come up with that.

I love it when titles just click in my head and I'm like, "YES! That's what I'm calling it." I find humor fic titles easier, because puns and spoof names come to me naturally. Tension Convention was one of those titles. I think my favorite title ever is still These Boots are Made for Knockin', my Voltron humor lemon where Cossack winds up with lust-inducing odor eaters in his footwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment