Saturday, January 29, 2011

Citrus Taste Progress

I mentioned in my last post that I should think about my progress on the Citrus Taste challenge.  It has fifty prompts and I've only done a handful.  Here's a reference list, including the ones that are completed.  The struck out ones are ones that I've finished with the title of the finished fic and the pairing(s) involved next to them.

1. One Wild Night Mutants on the Prowl (Liquidator/Bushroot/Camille)
2. I'm the King/Queen of the Sheets
3. Vampire Loving
4. All About the Games You Play Tag (Megavolt/Quackerjack)
5. Blanket Hog
6. Reenacting My Favorite Fantasy
7. Romantic Night
8. A Little Quickie Behind the Doors Door Number One (Bushroot/Liquidator)
9. No More Teasing, Baby
10. Come to Me
11. Jezebel
12. To Live Without, is Death
13. Nice and Rough, Or Gentle and Tender
14. Play House
15. Switching Roles
16. Can't Stop Watching You
17. When the Lights Go Out, the Lovers Play
18. Shake That Thing
19. Impatient Nympho
20. No Humor In My Tone
21. Phone Fun
22. Intoxicated With Your Taste
23. Dreams Do Come True When I Think Of You
24. My Fairytale
25. One More Time Sanctuary (Negaduck/Malicia)
26. There's wicked thoughts behind your eyes
27. Under the Roses
28. Memories of Love Your Wildest Dreams (Bushroot/Rhoda)
29. The sound of your breath on my cheek
30. Until There's Nothing Left of Us
31. Last Chance
32. You won't be turned away
33. To Touch the Devil
34. Virtue was not convenient
35. The Back of Your Hand
36. Graceful ends
37. Do you ever think you'd rather be with me instead?
38. You Got Lucky
39. He always smiles
40. Only to deceive your senses
41. Because it is my name.
42. It's a way of expressing our humanity
43. I'm the whore of Babylon
44. The Chase is On
45. Silken Threads of Fate
46. A whisper, sacred & profound
47. So I could find God between your legs tonight.
48. Meet Me in the Back
49. Think of all the things your hands could make
50. Wildcard!

The last finished fic I posted for this challenge was in the fall of 2009, so I'm really behind.  It probably seems like an abandoned project, but there really are more I'd like to do.  I have some others started, but I either didn't like how they were progressing, or ran out of steam with the idea.

For instance, I have about 670 words written for prompt #33, "To Touch the Devil," as a Lotor/Allura Voltron fic.  The premise was that Allura was captured by Lotor, and he's trying to seduce her.  She's not having it, of course, being that he's an evil bastard, even if he is a handsome one.  (Yeah, DWD fans, Bushroot/Rhoda isn't my only bad-boy/good-girl pairing of choice.  Except Lotor and Allura are even more on opposite ends of the spectrum since Lotor is anything but misunderstood.)

I also have well over 3000 words inspired by prompt #31, "Last Chance," but I was hoping to write an angsty Bushroot/Darkwing fic (mostly to see if I could write that pairing at all with all of its inherent challenges) and instead it came out as angsty gen.  There's no sexual vibe at all; at best it's working toward an uneasy friendship.  Sadly, I like what I have of this fic, but I can't rightly call it a Citrus Taste story because even if the prompt did inspire it, the whole point of Citrus Taste is sexy fic.  Not gen.

For prompt #13, "Nice and Rough, Or Gentle and Tender," I have the start of a Bushroot/Liquidator scene taking place in the sewers.  It got kind of funny on me when I decided to inject humor into the PWP by deciding to have Darkwing tracking them (it takes place after a crime) and walk in on them at the absolute wrong moment. I have about 2000 words of that done.

Prompt #12 ("To Live Without, is Death") was also started as another Bushroot/Liquidator fic to fit in with the Like Earth and Water stories.  It takes place in the aftermath of Tension Convention and deals with Bushroot trying to cope with crushing loneliness and missing him while Liquidator is in jail. I have just under 1000 words of that done so far.

The last two I have started are prompt #10 ("Come to Me") and prompt #38 ("You Got Lucky").  #10 is an exploration of pairing the Negaverse versions of Bushroot and Liquidator and how they might wind up together, and #38 was an attempt at seeing if I could write decent femmeslash of Rhoda Dendron and Sarah Bellum.  It opened with them meeting in the aftermath of "Beauty and the Beet" where Darkwing took Rhoda to S.H.U.S.H. to have their researchers and medical staff make sure she wasn't going to suffer any lasting effects from Bushroot's machinery after he tried to transform her.  Sarah was one of the ones assigned to her case.  It didn't get very far, though.

So as you can see, I haven't totally ignored these fics.  I just haven't made a whole heap of progress on them.  I have a few other vague ideas on what to do with the remaining prompts.  "Intoxicated With Your Taste," for instance, just screams Bushroot/Liquidator to me, and for "Under the Roses" I have a vague idea for another Bushroot/Rhoda one-shot (possibly a follow-up to Your Wildest Dreams, which is not in the same continuity as Forget Me Not).

There are other pairings I've thought I'd like to try on a one-shot basis.  I need to ponder some of the prompts more and see if any new inspiration comes to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment